Wednesday, June 22, 2011

To My Son, Kekoa

I've started this blog for two reasons:

1.) To share with our family and friends, and anyone else who can benefit from this still yet to know more about condition called Apraxia, Kekoa's journey and struggles of growing up with this disability.

2.) So that as Kekoa gets older he can see not only how far he has come, but also how great he really is and how much those around him not only support him in his everyday endeavors, but that so he knows he's truly loved and most importantly... UNDERSTOOD!

In my head, I thought, "Really? Like our family and friends don't already have to sit through the family blog and be tortured with our daily mishaps!" (Hahahaha) But I also knew that it was important for me to record what I myself as a mother is going through in raising a child with this condition called Apraxia. I wanted Kekoa to look back and see how special he is and really, to show off to the world what kind of a Superhero my son is.

Kekoa, age 2 years, 4 months
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment